VP of Risk Management
Meet Paula Burns
Paula Burns has been in the insurance industry for 38 years and has earned her CIC, Certified Insurance Counselor, designation in 2009 and her CRM, Certified Risk Manager, designation in 2011. Her career began in property and casualty claims and eventually led to the Arson Unit at State Farm Insurance back in 1984, laying a foundation for Paula to be an advocate for clients when they need her the most, during a claim or crisis.
Since 1993 Paula has worked in the commercial insurance industry space on the agency side. Her passion is to work alongside organizations as their outsourced Risk Manager. It is important to Paula to be “on the team” ahead of time and assist in training leadership teams to have a proactive culture towards risk. Paula’s years of working with Municipalities and large industrial projects have proven to be valuable when negotiating contractual language.
Paula teaches classes to insurance professionals, risk managers, and organizations nationally. She is a Faculty of The National Alliance as a “Ruble Professor” and teaches masters level classes to Insurance Agents and Risk Managers nationally.
Paula serves on several boards including:
- Care Providers Insurance Advisory Board
- Texas Mutual Social Services Board
- Selected as the Zenith Worker’s Compensation Master Agent for the US
- Texas Ministry Conference Board
- Church CO+OP Board
- Advisory Panel Member – Leading High Performance Team Program at University of Houston Bauer College of Business,
- Representing Texas as the “Philadelphia Big Hitter Agent” for 2021 & 2022
She joined Insurance One Agency in 2010 because they have a heart to serve organizations with excellence.
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get in Touch
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Go over your options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.